Welcome home to 776 East 17th Street where the owner has designed every impeccable detail of the home to create a truly custom oasis. The home was originally built in the early 1900s and maintains its historic charm with the original inlaid hardwood flooring, Corinthian columns, and stained glass windows but boasts the highest caliber of modern finishes available. Currently configured as a 4 bedroom home, the floorplan can easily be converted back to 6 bedrooms. The addition of a finished basement, complete with a full bathroom, kitchenette and guest bedroom adds valuable square footage to this stunning space.
Custom design details include:
- Smart Home setup includes all lights, heating and cooling, alarm system, rear door lock, and outdoor irrigation system.
- State of the art Infinity cooling system by Courier includes triple filtration and UV filter as well as built-in humidity control.
- Additional technology throughout the home includes Lutron dimmers on all lighting fixtures and a 4 zoned Sonos sound system including outdoor speakers.
- Large wrap around front porch is made of Trex decking.
- Main floor features parlor, formal living room with built-in shelving and gas fireplace, large dining room with gas fireplace, gourmet kitchen, half bath and access to the private backyard.
- The gourmet kitchen showcases a breakfast nook with custom light fixture, sliding glass doors to back deck, high end stainless steel appliances and a marble waterfall countertop.
- Outside, the back desk features Trex decking and Ipe fencing. Step down to the garden with radiant ground heat where an enormous tree provides plenty of shade in the summer over an additional seating area. A 6 person, 62 jet Jacuzzi and outdoor shower complete the backyard.
- The second floor features 2 large bedrooms, washer and dryer, and a classic bathroom with pedestal sink, soaking tub, and stained glass windows.
- The rear of the 2nd floor has been converted into a den and office and features custom closets and access to a spacious balcony overlooking the backyard.
- The top floor provides the ultimate sanctuary with a full floor primary suite. The spacious bedroom features motorized shades on all windows including the skylights. In the main bathroom, you will find a double vanity and steam shower. An enormous dressing room provides ample storage space as well as a 2 person infrared sauna. A separate bathroom completes the floor where you will find a custom bathtub with remote control jets and a skylight for the most relaxing soak ever.
- The bottom floor of the home features a spacious rec room with a custom designed sofa, incredible storage space, built in shelving and surround sound speakers. An additional full bathroom and kitchenette with wine fridge make this the perfect entertaining space. This floor also has a separate entrance that allows for a convenient guest suite.
- Beyond the back garden you will find a one car garage with additional room for storage. The driveway also features radiant heat, perfect for NY winters.
- Additional design features include carefully selected wallpaper from Cole and Son, custom light fixtures throughout and radiant heat in all bathrooms.
776 East 17th Street is located on a corner lot in tree-lined, charming Ditmas Park. The uiet cul-de-sac features many historic homes, making this a very desirable neighborhood. Transportation is easily accessible at Avenue H via the Q train or at Newkirk Avenue via the Q and B trains. Many shopping, dining, and entertaining options can be found on nearby Foster Avenue and Cortelyou Road.
Contact us for any real estate related questions or needs.