79 2nd Place
Situated on one of the most sought-after blocks in all of brownstone Brooklyn, 79 2nd Place is a stunning 4 story home with grand proportions. Approximately 21.5' wide and 50' deep, the house is currently configured as a gut renovated owners triplex and rear yard with two tenant apartments above, both of which are in excellent condition. The property offers the potential of easy single or two family conversion or can continue to remain as is with the new owner collecting substantial rent from the rental units.
The current owner, an experienced real estate development professional, completed an extensive overhaul of the property for personal use. The large-scale renovation to the property included:
– Newly redone faades, front stoop and entry with fully restored iron work.
– New windows for the entire house along with a restored fire escape at the rear.
– Professionally landscaped gardens and bluestone work (front and back) including automated sprinkler/irrigation.
– Lighting throughout back garden and at both exterior elevations with automated facade lighting.
– New double entry doors, vestibule doors, and guest entry system with remote access surveillance, new doors to all units, and new interior doors throughout.
– New entry transom with gold leaf numbering, along with new Italian penny round tile at entry and vestibule.
The meticulous owner's triplex offers a turnkey space with top-of-the-line finishes, completed by a builder for their owner personal use. The features of this incredible space include:
– A fully restored original parlor floor, circa 1890, with pristine plaster work, 12' tin ceilings, moldings, pier mirror, and an operable wood burning fireplace with exhaust fan.
– Full height front windows flood the floor with natural light along with the custom dimmable light fixtures.
– Additional balconies were added with new iron work at the front faade overlooking the 33.5'x 21.5' private front garden.
– Gourmet kitchen includes Caesarstone counters, custom cabinets, and an island with soft close pantry/drawers, storage, and routed lighting within floating white oak shelving.
– Additional high-end features include a fully exhausted chef's range with pot filler, double oven, a Blanco sink with Hansgrohe faucet/spray and Insinkerator, and a paneled Bosch dishwasher.
– The kitchen also includes well placed illuminated coffee and wine bars and a full-size pantry.
– A new full height door in the kitchen leads to a new deck with a gas fired BBQ and the expansive manicured garden.
– Parlor powder room features a custom hand-poured concrete sink/tile and Watermark fixtures.
– Expanded under-stoop entry opening for storage.
– The mudroom on the garden level has been updated to include built-in cabinetry.
– The king-sized primary suite is replete with dual closets, an expansive shower with thermostatic and volume control, Waterworks rain shower, Hansgrohe hand shower, Italian porcelain tile, Stone counter, dual vanities, Robern medicine cabinet, and separate toilet room.
– The 2nd and 3rd bedrooms include custom closets and built-ins.
– The 2nd full bath includes Italian hex tile, Kohler tub, Hansgrohe fixtures and a Robern medicine cabinet.
– Fully finished basement with exhausted powder room, finished concrete, high traffic vinyl flooring, and restored piers.
– The laundry has a gas fired extra-large fully vented dryer, washing machine and utility sink.
– Custom barn doors lead to an enormous storage area.
– Additional features throughout the home include 7" Siberian white oak floors, Toto toilets, and a centralized ducted Mitsubishi remote accessed AC and heating system (zoned per floor).
– Triplex SQFT is approximately 3,330 inclusive of the finished basement.
The upper tenant units are in excellent condition and offer 9' and 10' original tin ceilings with restored moldings, new wiring and plumbing throughout.
All new mechanicals, including a new boiler, new hot water heater, and all new remote meters for electric, gas and water.
79 2nd Place offers quiet and respite on a "place" block in sought-after Carroll Gardens, just around the corner from Carroll Park and the multitude of incredible cafes, restaurants, and shops that make Carroll Gardens and Cobble Hill amongst the most desirable neighborhoods in NYC.Read More
Area and Lot
Shown by Ari Harkov
Shown by Warner Lewis
Request a viewing
"*" indicates required fields